"The hunger and thirst for knowledge, the keen delight in the chase, the good humored willingness to admit that the scent was false, the eager desire to get on with the work, the cheerful resolution to go back and begin again, the broad good sense, the unaffected modesty, the imperturbable temper, the gratitude for any little help that was given - all these will remain in my memory though I cannot paint them for others." Frederic William Maitland


Thursday, June 18, 2015

Good News Board



I used this board this year for students to post good news about their lives whenever they were inclined.  The following is a collection of anonymous entries.  While this might not seem to be the most innovative, I believe there's a lot of power in focusing on the positive.  And, if anything, it's a good pick me up at the end of the day.

It's 5th period.
Let's go Hornets.
I got my phone again.
Found 2 peppermints in 1 package
I got a new charm bracelet.
Honey Sticks from Sprouts
We ran out of sticky notes, so we have to use notebook paper.
I bought my prom dress.
My awesome friend is getting a motorcycle like mine.
My boyfriend brought me flowers to work.
New dog
I made the state all star team.
Tomorrow is my birthday.
Girls Soccer won Lakeshore, 2/21
It's Cast List Day!
JV Girls Soccer beat Pell City, 3/2
Boston College basketball beat Georgia Tech
Ms. Yeilding did not send me to the office today- didn't have my adhd meds.
My boyfriend walked from Oak Mountain to Chelsea to see me.
My dad bought a 1967 Volkswagon Bug.  It's a manual.
One of my top two colleges (West Point) sent me an application.
Chelsea beat Briarwood!
JV Shamrock Tournament, win/tie/loss, 3/20
My boyfriend's mom no longer hates me.
My prom dress has a cape and is super majestic.
I played the call of duty game.
I saw one of my good friends last night for the first time in 3 months.
We beat Oak Mountain and Curry.
My birthday is in less than one month.  Got a job!
Brought Math grade up 10 points to a high B.
I actually showed up.  Shocked me too.
I turned 16.
My teeth have gotten whiter.
Back at school :)\
The beginning of the year has been a wonderful start.  Yay!  I have Ariel socks.
I made a 26 on the ACT and an 8 on the writing essay.
My sister has started talking more.  She's 9 months old.
I got a sweater for Christmas.
It's 2015 and we graduate in 2016.
I haven't gone completely crazy from the school year yet.
Olivia got me excited about Christmas.
Got new shoes!
I got my braces off yesterday.
I have older friends that love me and watch over me and teach me life lessons and make me laugh.
Coach Adams is having another kid.
I'm passing all my classes!
I wrote on the board!
I have 3 field trips coming up.
Dougy and I have bonded.
I like instagram.
I'm passing.
I like chicken.
I have a car.
New Garret Baby being born today!
I got my first real Christmas Tree.
I got my car back the other day.
I got to see my friend who moved to Minnesota last year.  I had not seen him since last February.
I got to see my family in Florida.
Went to Homecoming with___
___asking___ to prom in class.
I'm ungrounded.  I think.
I exist.
Live the Zax life.
I got a new dance partner.
Halloween.
Lacrosse season has officially started.  Turned 17.
You all are beautiful.
I wasn't bored.
Elephants exist.
Treated myself to expensive shoes.
I hit a homerun, 11/10
It is 2015!
I get to see my sister for the first time since she moved out 3 months ago.  I'm so excited.
I finished my dance duet.
My mom bought more groceries.
It's finally Friday.
I made Southwind Drum and bugle corps.
I can walk!
It rained.
I got new truck floor mats.
Made a 10/10 on my Spanish quiz.
Boston College beat USC.
I'm awesome like a possum.
My good friend moved back to Chelsea.
84 on my French Exam.
Ms. Yeilding's sister had a healthy baby girl.
Old Spice.
I turned 17 October 23.
I am going to the Auburn game on Saturday.
Volleyball won whole tournament over weekend.
Vball beat Macadory.
Vball won against Pell City.
I'm going to be an aunt!
Little brother's birthday is tomorrow.  Congrats on living!
We won 2 games against Oxford.  Took them to 5 games.
Vball beat Walker and Spain Park.
Vball won against Pell City.
Vball beat Pell City again.
Vball won against Briarwood and Calera.
I got my C up to a half B in history.  It's an A now.
I watched Shrek for the 543rd time.
Choose courage.
We won our game against John Carroll.
We beat Homewood.



No comments:

Post a Comment